Monday, August 23, 2010

A-Ward-ed

I have 2 wards in my care. They're white and have brown eyes. One is male and the other one female.

They both have black noses and 4 paws (for a total of 8). They're two little terrier mixes (I think?). And they've been living with me for a week.

The first night was a little scary for them...there was a lot of stress induced scratching. Not a lot of sleeping, for anyone. Some urination and vomiting on the carpet (luckily, I get a free carpet cleaning for renewing my lease!). There was a lot of barking at people walking in the hall, but after the first 24 hours and lots of "Quiet! It's ok" they got over it.

All in all, we've seemed to bond nicely and they are in a routine with me.

It's like a military operation:
Breakfast: 08:00 and 08:30
Walk and bowel emptying: 08:30 to 09:10
I hit the gym and shower: 09:15-10:15
I leave to run errands, they take the first of many naps: 10:15-18:00
Dinner: 18:00-18:30
Long walk and Bowel emptying #2: 18:30-19:15
Nap number 30/bedtime

Only downside, I'm allergic to them. But cuddles and a healthy dose of Benadryl make it easy to forget. Their stint in my house ends tomorrow and then I'll be a warden of none.

So if you need a pet sitter/dog walker, I'm available!

1 comment:

  1. love it. the bowel emptying is classic. you should try zytrec, not benadryl. zyrtec doesn't cause drowsiness -- benadryl will take down a horse.

    (guess who? i chose to be anonymous b/c i don't like giving out my info...)

    ReplyDelete