Sunday, March 21, 2010

Overachievers, Undersleepers

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Nope, I didn't fall asleep and have my finger stuck on the z key. I'm talking about sleep. As Americans, we're overworked, underslept.

We're supposed to get 8 hours of sleep a night. However, between working, social life, exercising, spneding time with your loved ones and managing a household, there aren't 8 hours left over for sleep. I'd average about 6 hours a night and would wake up at least once in a panic after realizing I forgot to do something. I was exhausted.

So, one of my first initiatives in funemployment was to get caught up on sleep. That meant if I wanted to nap, I'd nap. If I needed to sleep 10 hours a night, I did. And by God I feel amazing. I'm more alert. My body feels better. I don't get every cold that comes my way. I don't need (as much) concealer because the dark circles have faded.

So funemployed, get your rest. And the rest just may fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment