Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Funemployment: The Genesis

So how exactly did I become funemployed? I was laid off after my ad agency's Los Angeles office was shut down. Our main client was a bank that was seized and auctioned off by the FDIC. Bet you can't say that.

Unlike a lot of my fellow unemployed legions, I was not blindsided. I knew that the bank was in trouble about 6 months before they were seized and that without a client, there wasn't much hope of our office staying open. So, I watched it all unravel slowly. And it was torture.

The upside of it all is that I had a lot of time to process. So on my last day, I felt like I was released from hell. I was nervous --afraid of financial ruin-- but so happy to be free of the gloom and doom. Instead of being expelled from the Garden of Eden, I feel like I've been let in!

No comments:

Post a Comment