Monday, September 27, 2010

Twiddle Dee Dee, Twitterly FREE

Contrary to popular belief, I don’t twiddle my thumbs all day long. But I am on Twitter quite a few times a day. Sometimes I tweet (“Realizing I’m 2 years older than Justin Bieber’s mom is the Advil for my Bieber fever.” And “I really love Feta cheese.”) But most times I just lurk.  


I follow the requisite celebrities (Lindsanity Lohan, Nicole Richie, Diddy), their dogs (Chunk Handler, dog of Chelsea and Oprah Winfrey, dog of 50 Cent) and a few newspapers (well, just the NY Post). I have found Twitter to be most useful tool for free events and activities.

I follow LA Scene, 365 cheap dates and various hotels. They post information about free or very cheap activities throughout the city. For example, the Hollywood Standard has free yoga classes with Tara Stiles, author of the number 1 selling yoga book on Amazon. How else would I work out with a renowned yoga teacher for free? That’s right. Twitter.

I learn about free parties (blogger prom post-party!), guest chefs at LA’s Test Kitchen (just missed Michael Voltaggio) and performances by various musicians for free or a nominal charge (Passion Pit acoustic performance this past Saturday!). Twitter is the secret to my FUNemployed fabulosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment