Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stand Up!

On your feet. Stand up. Think fast.

I feel like I've been doing this quite a bit lately. Learning to surf...dealing with socially awkward men on first dates...working on my stand up routine.

I have been told by people for years that I should do stand up comedy. It had honestly never crossed my mind. My typical response was, "Absolutely not!"

Well, things have changed. I am not longer in a working rut and am ready to try anything. I have plenty of material and think I could make people laugh.

I went to the Hollywood Improv last night (got free tix due to Twitter. Seriously, Twitter is awesome for learning about events and free activities). I studied the rhythm of the routines and have some things to think about while I practice. It was a blast watching, so I can only imagine how terrifying and fun it could be.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment