Saturday, September 11, 2010

An Ode

A special post for a special day...


To the first responders that raced to the one place I couldn't get away from fast enough... 

To the absurd friend who got up late, raced outside to get a cab the airport and asked himself why the hell there was a parade on Fifth Avenue on a Tuesday...


To those who had emptied their refrigerators and handed out food and water to the weary, dusty, shell shocked "parade"...


To the national guard who protected the ghostly, empty streets that felt more like a soundstage than a city...

To the guy that made me Philly cheesesteak burritos at 7pm when everything else was closed...



To the good friends and family that gathered and banded together...


Eternal, deep gratitude hardly covers it. It seems like such a hollow description. I don't know that there are words to express what I feel. But words are all I've got. So I'll keep it simple: Thank you. 











No comments:

Post a Comment