Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Spy The ESPYs

Yesterday, I went to the ESPYs red carpet. I got free tickets to the event so the only thing it cost me was time and sweat. My friend Chris and I lined up early, stocked up on free Gatorade and got set to watch.

We had a great view and saw quite a few athletes and D-list celebs (scroll down to see pix of Zac Efron (ok, he's B-list), T.O. Bobby Brown, Mike Piazza and more).

Best part of the red carpet: yelling at Jalen Rose and telling him we were Michigan Wolverines from the class of '96. He was gave us the thumbs up and got even more excited when he heard '96 (he would've been class of '95 if he'd stayed until graduation.)

Worst part of the red carpet: seeing that dumbass Jeremy Shockey who was with 2 girls. I've despised him since we had a shouting match in NYC. To make a long story short, the argument started when he told me to f*ck myself and f*ck the fans. I told him he needed media training, the fans pay his salary so he should watch his attitude and that he was a motherf$cking a$$hole. I heckled him yesterday on the carpetby telling him that he sucked and that I hated him. And, he heard me.

Super best part of the day: After frying all day in the near 100-degree heat, we decided to head out a little early. I passed by and made eye contact with Scott Speedman (Ben from Felicity). He was looking at me, so I said hello, and then he turned around to watch me walk away. My friend told me that he was checking me out. I figured that he thought I was an ESPN staffer. But, I can be dense in these situations.
In an anxiety-inducing act of desperation, I went back and gave him my card. He smiled at me and said, "Thank you!" I seriously doubt that I'll hear from him but you never know. It was worth a shot. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, I'm finally putting the fun back in unemployment! I have an awesome tan to boot. And I've only checked my cell phone every 10 minutes for word from Mr. Speedman.

No comments:

Post a Comment