Sunday, May 9, 2010

unFUNemployment

Well, I'm back in the workforce. I think the transition has been harder than I thought. I'm re-learning how to cram everything that I need and want to do in my off time. I'm back to living for the weekend.

I think the worst part is the commute: 2+ hours per day to only go 15 miles. Gotta love LA.

But I am happy to be making money. I'm stockpiling so that I have it for a rainy day. Since I know that this gig has no hope of going long-term and I'm okay with that.

If nothing else, this freelance dance has shown me that I need to get it together and make decisions about what's next.

I know that I want quality of life. I know that I really love writing. And I know that I love animals.

So I'm going to be a writing dog walker. A dog walking writer. I'll have two jobs. Twice the fun, unlikely twice the money. But twice the satisfaction that I've had in the past!

2 comments:

  1. Can you at least take your birthday Monday off? In case you have an extra-fun celebration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm.....could be a possibility. especially since i plan to greet the new birth year with extra foggy vodka goggles! wish you could join me :)

    ReplyDelete