Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stealth, USB

When I was a little girl, I loved Charlie's Angels and Magnum PI. And that is because the characters got to do sneaky things.

On CA & MPI, they were detectives so they had lock picking kits that they'd sneakily slip out of their pockets before breaking in somewhere...always in the interest of their cases.

So, when I was like 7 years old, I'd lock myself out of my house and would try to break in by using a bobby pin (I could sadly never find a lock picking kit at Child World). I'd tell my mom that if I wasn't inside in 5 minutes, then open the door. She'd always have to let me in.

Well, when it comes to freelancing, I remind myself of the old lock picking days. To work on this blog and other writing initiatives, I've been carefully placing a USB drive into my pocket every am. At the office, I carefully take it out, slide it into the USB slot on my laptop and throw some papers over it so I can get some writing done. Before anyone knows it, I carefully slide the little silver missile back into my pocket.

I entertain myself by feeling a little like Kris Munroe, Kelly Garrett and Thomas Sullivan Magnum every day, hiding my tools of the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment