Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dressing without success

Hitting the snooze button 3 times equals 50% less time to get ready. And my outfits show it.

Since I was voted Best Dressed in 8th grade (!) I've always believed in my ability to put together a good outfit. As long as the lights are on.

Like a vampire, I shun light in the early am. One such morning, I threw on a dress, grabbed some tights and my Lanvin flat boots. Didn't have time (or want) to deal with my hair so I threw on a black hat.

In the elevator to the parking garage, I realized that I was wearing lace tights, a patterned dress and an Amishy looking hat. In short, I looked like an Amish Madonna circa Desperately Seeking Susan.

It was too late to do anything about it. So when I got to work, I walked into the conference room and announced "Amish Madonna has arrived." Figured I'd get in front of it. At least I remembered underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment