Monday, November 8, 2010

Shine on you crazy diamond


Everything can change in a day. Or even less.

One day, I had a job, the next I didn’t.

On Wednesday, I was in rapture at the anticipation of trying a red velvet hot chocolate from the Coffee Bean and dreading volunteering with kids at Children’s Hospital LA. By the end of the day, I was loving my volunteer time and truly despising the sugary-soapy taste of the drink.

On Thursday, I was on top of the dating world. On Monday, I could be back to the drawing board.

So, what I decided is that today is the day that I make my future. I have a lot of creativity, ingenuity and imagination that’s been lying dormant (excluding this blog and Facebook posts).

Instead of waiting for someone to decide my future, I need to come up with my own plan. Think outside of the box.

Step 1: Sit outside. Actually, I’m at Intelligentsia in Silver Lake enjoying a latte. It’s windy and cold for Los Angeles, so the only seat I could find was outside. That’s ok, the cold will cause shivering which will cause me to shake some ideas loose.

Step 2: Write about needing ingenuity. Nothing like writing about what you’re going to do…positive reinforcement I say!

Step 3: Waiting for the magic to happen….and waiting...just going to keep on shining, like a crazy diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment