Monday, June 21, 2010

Putting the Kerry in Karaoke

Aside from putting the fun in unemployment, I need to put the Kerry in karaoke.

While my singing generally is equated with the vocal stylings of a cat on a fence, I bring showmanship. Especially with anything by Bon Jovi. And I love it. In my head, I sound like Kelly Clarkson.

I haven't grabbed the mike in awhile. But I don't think a one night karaoke excursion will do the trick. I want to go to the national championships.

A few years back, a friend of mine made a documentary about the international air guitar competition. It had little traction in the US but that all changed after my friend went on his air guitar tour of greatness.

So, I figured that there must be a national karaoke competition (I won't delude myself into thinking I can go international).

A few key strokes later and google gave me this: http://www.talentquest.org/index.html

Just you wait, Laughlin, NV! If I can't win my way there, I can buy my way there -- it's just $375 for 7 days of awesomeness. Ooooooooooooooh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh boooooooyy!

In the end, who doesn't need more karaoke in their lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment