Thursday, October 14, 2010

Doggone it!

Ohhh, best laid plans. My big entrepreneurial idea was to launch a dogwalking business. I figured that I'd make money walking and bonding with dogs while having a flexible schedule to write the book. Sounds good, right? 

Well, it turns out dogwalking is super competitive. And dealing with pet parents is frustrating. Not because they are overly informative…it’s actually the opposite. I also had a kneepocolyse, which precluded me from, well, walking.


All of these issues were minor obstacles. Actually, the knee issue was a huge obstacle. Regardless, there was one, unforeseen issue that I never remotely anticipated. 

Allergies.

While my mom and brother are severely allergic to dogs, I was always ok. I thought I had my dad’s nose. Nope.

Being a Benadryled zombie is not good for business. And, really, who has a business servicing only hypoallergenic dogs? I guess the whole business is torpedoed...or gone to the dogs...evaporated faster than steam on a dog day afternoon...doggone it!

No comments:

Post a Comment