Sunday, December 4, 2011

Leaping Lass

At a shopping event at Fred Segal in Santa Monica, I snagged some swag, saw Bo Brady of Days of Our Lives (he was feeding his daughter) and was more than pleasantly surprised by a new line that they're carrying called A Lot To Say.

Made entirely from recycled plastic bottles, the line offers funny, pithy and inspirational sayings on t-shirts, iPad cases and more. I bought a pair of "Dream" panties. It says something along the lines of, "There are only 3 little letters between can and cannot." Part of the proceeds go to charity and I get the benefit of dreaming from my ass up. Not the most practical of purchases, but I'm not really being practical this week.

I accepted a job offer from a European agency that has a burgeoning office in LA. I'll be one of two people who'll be getting my entrepreneurial groove on. In order to do this, I had to quit my new, corporate (miserable) job. I'm giving up a bonus, health benefits for the next few months and potentially stability. A few years ago, I wouldn't have done this, but back then, I was too scared to dream. But now there's one more job open for someone who would love/appreciate/thrive in it. I'm not that person.

FUNemployment woke up my inner hustler and made me realize that life is too short, companies are not families and you've got to take care of yourself. So, I'm dreaming big, taking a leap and doing what feels right, instead of what looks good on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment