Monday, June 13, 2011

High on Yoga

Given my love for anything free AND yoga, I was excited to take a free class at a new studio in Hollywood. It was also in walking distance so I would save on gas. I thought I had hit the FUNemployed jackpot.

On my way there, I had to look carefully for the sign which was not easy as I passed a house full of trash and shady characters who looked like they traded in illegal substances. I quickly passed and realized that my destination was right next door. Ruh roh.

I climbed some stairs, oblivious to the store below. I went in and it was not your typical yoga studio. A guy with a lot of weird face piercings was washing something in the sink...which doubled as the front desk. I wanted to leave but figured that I hauled my yoga mat for 10 blocks so I might as well get my yoga on.

The class was very slow and remedial. Ok, it was free so I really shouldn't complain. They turned the heat up and it started to smell like weed. Since I'm living substance free, this was not a reason for joy. And then I thought, oh god, is this above a weed dispensary? WHO OPENS AN EXERCISE STUDIO ABOVE A WEED STORE? Dudes with lots of piercings. High-ons who want to be in shape. Those who want to kill time in between drug deals. People who live in trash houses.

Oh the life of the FUNemployed...chasing every free deal like a stoner chasing a blunt. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment