Sunday, April 11, 2010

Saved by George Clooney

God, I love George Clooney. And thanks to him, I'm back in the right frame of mind.


It has been a tough week for a lot of reasons but this beggest of all is that I'm at a crossroads. Do I go back to the corporate world that makes me miserable or take a leap of faith and risk it all to go on my own? There are pros and cons to both. I've made my list. Ultimately, I want to enjoy life like I am now. I've been in the game long enough to know that I'll never have quality of life if I go back to my former world.


Feeling down and confused, I figured I'd get lost in a movie. Netflix sent me Up in The Air. At first I wasn't so sure that it was a good choice. But after about 15 minutes in, I found myself again.


When Gorgeous George fires people, he tells them that it's their shot to follow their passion. While he seems to think it's a line, I don't. This is my shot. If all else fails, I can always fall back on my old life. But I have the chance to be happy.

So, I'm going to empty my backpack of all it's baggage. And fill it with what counts: hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment