Monday, April 4, 2011

No April Fool

Spring has sprung which means it's the perfect time for change. In my FUNemployed journey, I've made lots of changes. These are the latest:

1. I no longer drink alcohol (and haven't for a few months). But I'm still fun. Lack of alcohol has only allowed me to up my antics.

2. I no longer eat meat or dairy. I was always a pain to eat with anyway, so this shouldn't make it too much worse. (Btw, fish is still off the table.)

I've made such drastic changes because for years, I've treated my body like a garbage can. Constant sinus congestion and need for naps made me realize that I needed to make some changes. After reading a book called Skinny Bitch, which I read for vanity, I decided to take the book's advice and eat veggies and grains to see how I felt. Well, it's been 2 weeks and I've never felt better.

My spirits are good and I believe that things will happen for me in April. I have two job leads that are promising and I'm in the last stages of the book. I'm close to signing a freelance deal that would provide some income. I'm feeling the optimism that can only come at the beginning of Spring.

Or I could be high on kale. One never knows these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment